THIS IS A MINISTRY OF SA MISSION WITH EAST MOUNTAIN ANGLICAN HOUSE
Summit 6 Week Internship
The 6 week internship experience seeks to identify and develop future leaders through an intense 6 week community experience in Stellenbosch, South Africa. Interns come from American and African cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. Interns receive instruction in spiritual formation, biblical theology and practical leadership skills within the context of a multi-cultural environment. Each intern is part of a small group facilitated by a seasoned ministry leader who guides their experience and mentors each intern individually.
The internship program seeks to develop emerging leaders with the following outcomes in view:
- Intern has a working knowledge and competency in engaging spiritual pathways.
- Intern is more aware of their own sin nature and more aware of the gift and power of the Gospel.
- Intern is more aware of God's Kingdom activity in their own lives and in the world.
- Intern can articulate a plan of spiritual discipline needed to regulate their life and overcome inordinate attachments.
- Intern demonstrates tangible growth in Biblical Knowledge.
- Intern demonstrates an increased confidence in expositing and teaching the Word in a small group setting.
- Intern demonstrates a more refined understanding of the Biblical narrative.
- Intern is able to articulate their own giftedness and skill set.
- Intern successfully completes a real world leadership challenge using their gifts and skills in the African context.
- Intern identifies at least one next step to use their leadership gift for the Kingdom.
The program schedule will include Orientation and In-processing, Introduction to Cross-Cultural Ministry Principles, Team Building, Spiritual Retreat, Biblical Theology (How to Study the Bible, The Gospel, The Kingdom, Mission), Practical Leadership (Communication, Problem Solving), Planning and Preparation, Practicum.
Each intern receives one on one mentoring from their team leader and regular peer evaluations throughout the duration of the program. This evaluation is provided to the intern's sending church or sponsoring organization. Specified interns are invited back to participate in the 1 year Leadership Foundations program.
How much does it cost?
- Interns are responsible for travel costs to and from Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- Total Program Cost per intern is r5000
- Scholarships / bursaries are available but every Intern must pay a portion of costs (through fund- raising, church support, etc).
Where will I live?
All interns will live at the East Mountain House at Annandale Road, Lynedoch, Western Cape, 7603 South Africa, for the duration of the program. An East Mountain staff member will reside at the house to supervise.
When is it? IS THIS FOR ME?
May 16, 2015 – June 27, 2015
Can the “is this for me link to the following:
IS THIS FOR ME?
You're the perfect candidate for the Summit Internship if you
- Are a University Student in Junior or Senior Year (open to receiving candidates in their 20's)
- Have a Calling to Vocational Ministry
- Demonstrated Leadership Ability
- Have the Recommendation of your Local Church
- Agree with East Mountain's Statement of Faith and SAM’s Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct
- Pass the Police Clearance/Criminal Background Check (a requirement for volunteering with local ministries)
Application for 6 Week Internship – May 16, 2015 – June 27, 2015
Note: Deadline for application is 15 April 2015
Please fill out and submit your personal information below. Note the application process will require an interview as well as the documents listed below.
Full Name: ____________________________________________________________________
Cell Phone: ________________________ Email: _____________________________
Age: ____________ Level of Education: _________________
Sponsoring Church or Organization: ______________________________________________
Name of Person Recommending You: ________________________________________________
Their Contact Information: Cell Phone: ____________________ Email: ___________________
Briefly explain your past leadership experience: _______________________________________
Briefly explain your calling to vocational ministry: ______________________________________
Are you applying for a scholarship / bursary? ______________
Other Documents needed:
- Letter of Recommendation from your Pastor.
- Letter of Recommendation from sponsoring Organization Supervisor (if not your church)
- Signed agreement with East Mountain Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct
- Copy of Police Clearance/Criminal Background Check (within the last 6 months)